Lawyers Who Understand the Video Games Business
Gamma Law was specifically created to provide legal counsel to the gaming industry. Whether you’re a startup developer with a single, great new title or a multinational with thousands of employees, our firm provides the guidance, expertise and experience you need to protect your work, negotiate the best possible deals, mitigate risk and leverage the competitive advantage expert legal advice can provide.
As a business, gaming is a unique hybrid of entertainment and technology. It’s not exactly known for predictability. In this hyperdynamic environment, it’s essential to have seasoned, innovative counsel who have worked in every aspect of the industry. That’s us.
Lots of law firms stitch together expertise from other practices, put up a web page, and declare that they have an “interactive entertainment” practice. That’s not us. Literally every kind of law we practice – media, virtual and augmented reality, our Japan practice – either touches gaming, or is related to it. Gaming is in our DNA.
Over the past fifteen years, we have served hundreds of clients, and worked on countless projects in both Asia (we’re fluent in Japanese, and very experienced in Japanese gaming law and business) and the United States. A partial list of our work includes:
- Media and technology licensing
- Venture capital financing (both investor and company sides)
- International and domestic mergers/acquisitions and joint ventures
- Intellectual property
- Corporate governance and shareholder matters
- Early-stage company support
If gaming is your business, you need to talk to us. It’s that simple. We are not a law firm with a gaming practice. We are a gaming law firm. It’s our specialty and our passion.
It’s what we do.
If it’s what you do, too, we’d like to hear from you.
- Represented game publisher in negotiation of numerous development agreements for console games with milestone payments in tens of millions of dollars.
- Represented publicly-listed game publisher in acquisitions of development studios in Vancouver and in Thailand.
- Represented international game developer in complex joint venture arrangements involving financing, licensing, content development and publishing.
- Represented international game publisher in license-in arrangements with all major Hollywood studios.