Gamma Law’s team of esports lawyers provides advice, counsel, and representation for clients involved in every aspect of competitive gaming. A pioneer in esports law, Gamma Law possesses both in-depth, industry-specific knowledge and expertise in the broad range of legal needs that companies in the space require. Gamma Law is at the forefront in developing market standards for esports contracting, licensing agreements, tournament rules and operation, sponsorships, and player representation.
Gamma Law was a first-mover supporting clients in the dynamic and evolving business of esports, and is one of the few US law firms with a specialist esports practice. With over 15 years of focus on the video games business, it was only natural that Gamma Law would emerge as an expert in development, negotiation, and closing of esports agreements of all kinds, including game license agreements, tournament operator agreements, sponsorship agreements, sponsorship agency agreements, and player agreements.
Our team of dedicated esports attorneys also prepares tournament rules for global tournaments and supports esports clients with legal concerns arising in esports community management as well as other day-to-day matters.
Esports Legal Experts
Businesses operating in the burgeoning sector of competitive gaming require a broad range of legal support, ranging from IP protection and licensing, rights of privacy, and publicity, performance rights, skill gaming regulation, media rights and broadcasting, sponsorship and advertising, venue rentals, and more. In addition, esports teams require legal assistance with player contracting, immigration, and team housing and facilities leases.
The early-stage but rapidly-developing role of esports law, which governs organizations, leagues, and player organizations raises additional challenges for games companies, tournament operators, sponsors, and teams. Guidance from counsel who understand the industry is critical to avoid unnecessary legal risk and expense as the esports business continues its extraordinary growth.
Legal Counsel for Esports Companies
Gamma Law also provides turnkey virtual general counsel services to esports companies, managing all company legal matters on a day-to-day basis, freeing executives to focus on their businesses.
Contact us to learn more about Gamma Law’s esports practice and how we can help you achieve your objectives.
Select Esports Transactions
- Prepared and negotiated sponsorship agreements with major endemic and non-endemic sponsors with total value in the millions of dollars.
- Prepared and negotiated tournament operator agreements used for dozens of high-profile fighting-game tournaments in the United States and internationally.
- Prepared player agreements for high-profile team organization.
- Provided real-time advice to major esports game publisher regarding sensitive community matters.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar streaming deal between major game publisher and the leading games streaming platform.
- Negotiated venue agreement with Las Vegas esports arena for multi-day global finals tournament.
Midori Yuasa – Former Corporate Officer, Capcom Co., Ltd. (Tokyo and Los Angeles)
Tyler West – Co-Founder, Team Rival