Seamless, Fully Cross-Cultural, Bilingual Legal Support
International experience and an international perspective are fundamental to who we are at Gamma Law. Nearly all Gamma Law lawyers have spent portions of their careers in the international offices of large law firms or managing international transactions as in-house lawyers while based in the US or internationally. A significant part of our practice involves a cross-border component of some kind, whether it’s supporting non-US clients with US-based business or negotiating transactions with non-US counterparties. Clients value the perspective and insights that we are able bring to their matters, even in the US domestic context, as a result of our experience negotiating and closing deals in diverse, complex and challenging environments.
Our international experience includes the full range of corporate and transactional matters. We support clients with M&A, finance and investment, as well as content and technology licensing, reseller and distribution agreements, content and technology development, film/TV option agreements and many others. We also support clients with international joint ventures, ranging from straightforward partnerships to complex structures with multiple exit and liquidation alternatives.
Working through our trusted network of locally-admitted lawyers in various countries, developed over many years, we are able to offer US-based clients with access to the highest-quality legal support in nearly all major commercial jurisdictions on a cost-efficient basis.
In addition to English, our lawyers are fluent in French, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese.
- Represented major privately-held US online dating site in complex joint ventures with parties in Spain and Germany.
- Represented major Hong Kong e-commerce site with establishment of US subsidiaries and various US legal matters over some fifteen years.
- Supported US film producer with China co-production arrangement, working with China counsel.
- Represented Brazilian film producer with licensing and production agreement for international film franchise.
- Represented Japanese public companies in strategic investments and acquisitions of US technology companies.
- Represented Japanese trading company in offering of mobile games in European countries, working with local counsel.
- Represented major Japanese publisher in launch of e-book distribution program in the United States.
- Represented numerous non-US early-stage technology companies with establishment of US subsidiaries.
- Represented major US streaming site in localization and distribution agreements for numerous Japanese anime productions.