Video Games Lawyers
Gamma Law’s video game attorneys represent clients involved in every nuance of the industry. From game developers, publishers, and distributors to tournament organizers, producers, and media platforms. Our lawyers practice exclusively in areas that influence and are affected by video games – digital entertainment, blockchain, AR/VR, esports, and intellectual property.
Gamma Law was founded specifically to support video game developers, publishers, and other participants to navigate the legal issues that arise through every stage of the business lifecycle in this dynamic space. And while our practice has expanded and diversified, our commitment to video games companies and understanding of video game law remains as strong as ever.
Combining the resources and expertise seldom seen outside megafirms with the personal care and affordability only a boutique firm can deliver, Gamma Law aggressively negotiates favorable licensing, publishing, and distribution deals for our clients. We have the knowledge to help clients minimize the unique risks inherent in the video game space and the insight to ensure they take advantage of the opportunities the industry presents.
Video Game Expertise
Our video game attorneys have worked on hundreds of deals in the niche, encompassing every platform, industry participant, and medium, including virtual and augmented reality. We have advised both licensors and licensees. We have evaluated the effects of U.S. and international regulations on clients’ real-money and skill-based gaming models. We have secured publicity rights, drafted airtight privacy and service terms, and negotiated publishing and licensing agreements driven solely by the desire to benefit our clients.
Video Game Lawyers for a Dynamic Industry
Working with a law firm equipped with a profound business understanding is important for any business. In the ever changing world of video games, it can prove decisive. Gamma Law’s deep background in the video games business positions us to provide the highest value-added guidance to companies in the industry. Gamma Law’s proactive video game lawyers work in tandem with clients to protect their intellectual property, help them avoid regulatory and compliance issues, and manage their day-to-day legal concerns so they can focus their energies on creating the next generation of entertaining and educational games.
Intellectual Property Protection
Our clients, from bootstrap startups to global gaming conglomerates, know Gamma Law employs proven strategies and leverages our unparalleled familiarity with video game law to secure their interests. We have a deep understanding of the nuances of copyright and trademark law and their application to the video games space, and work diligently to protect our clients’ intellectual property through work-for-hire, employment, non-compete, and non-disclosure agreements, monitoring to reveal possible infringements and proactive filing of registrations.
Contact us to learn more about Gamma Law’s video games practice and how we can help you achieve your objectives.
- Represented game publisher in negotiation of numerous development agreements for console games with budgets totaling tens of millions of dollars.
- Represented international game developer in complex joint venture arrangements involving financing, licensing, content development and publishing.
- Represented international game publisher in license-in arrangements with virtually all major Hollywood studios.
- Represented game publishers in development and launch of mobile skill-gaming businesses, including fifty-state compliance review.
- Represented major international trading company in development and implementation of investment program in mobile games.
- Negotiated terms for inclusion of high-profile mobile game in the leading real-money gaming platform.
- Represented publicly-listed game publisher in acquisitions of development studios in Vancouver and in Thailand.
- Advised Japanese game publisher on US gaming law issues relating to awarding of physical prizes.
Tarrnie Williams – Former President & COO, Roadhouse Interactive
Craig Takiguchi – COO, Sanrio Global Consumer Products
For more information, please see our article about video game law and visit the Gamma Law Blog for additional insights and video game news.
These testimonials or endorsements do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.