Decades of Experience in Japan
Gamma Law provides comprehensive bilingual legal support for Japanese companies of all sizes transacting with US parties, entering the US market, or expanding their US businesses. Our Japanese clients include large public companies as well as early-stage companies, operating in a diverse range of industry sectors.
Headed by bilingual US and Japan-admitted lawyers and supported by bilingual staff, our Japan practice offers Japanese clients the international capabilities of a large law firm with the personal service and cost efficiency of a smaller platform. Services provided to Japanese clients include:
- US market-entry
- Entity formation
- Employee and contractor matters
- Partnerships and joint ventures
- Content and technology licensing
- Privacy policies and user terms
- International IP protection
- Enforcement of IP rights
- Corporate transactions, including M&A
- Formation of US subsidiaries for numerous Japanese companies in various industries.
- Representation of major Japanese video games company in licensing of high-profile IP to Hollywood studios.
- Support for a major Japanese publisher for its e-book distribution program in the US.
- Representation of a streaming platform in connection with an offering of major anime works.
- Representation of listed Japanese company in $10M Series B investment in a US logistics startup.
Virtual General Counsel Services
Gamma Law also provides turnkey virtual general counsel services to US affiliates of Japanese companies, managing all company legal matters on a day-to-day basis and freeing executives to focus on their strategic mission.
Contact us to learn more about Gamma Law’s Japanese practice and how we can help you achieve your objectives.
Kodansha Advanced Media is the digital arm of a large Japanese publisher. We needed an attorney who could both advise us on the licensing deals that were essential for our US launch, while working simultaneously in both the Japanese and the American business environments. We found all that, and more, in David. He was key to our US success, and a genuine pleasure to work with as well.
Alvin Lu – General Manager, Kodansha Advanced Media LLC