Last Updated: September 1, 2020
Information You Give Us
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with the Website. Some examples are when you:
- Subscribe to the Gamma Law newsletter on the Website;
- Submit information through the Website such as on the “Contact” form;
- Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
Information Automatically Collected
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with us. Our purpose is to allow the Website to work correctly, to evaluate use of the Website, and to support analytics and our marketing efforts. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your IP address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our websites. We use this technical information to, among other things, improve our products and services as well as to help us administer our website and diagnose technical problems. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information that does not personally identify you.
- We may use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our site. For more information about cookies, please see the section below “Cookies.”
We use your information to improve the quality of the Website and support our marketing and client development efforts. If you have provided your e-mail address, we may add it to the mailing list for our monthly newsletter and other marketing communications.
To protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control we have implemented security measures on the Website and within our network.
Gamma Law will not share your personal information unless you have consented to the disclosure or under the following limited circumstances.
Within Our Corporate Group
We may share your personal information with other companies in our corporate group or under common ownershiop.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Firm and Others
We may also share your personal information for the following limited purposes:
- Comply with the law or with legal process, or with requests from law enforcement authorities;
- Protect and defend our rights and property;
- Protect our customers or users from misuse or unauthorized use of the Website; or
- Protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public.
We may from time to time share the information we collect from and about you with third parties that provide support services to us, or that help us market our products and services. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
The Website may employ “cookies,” which are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer or mobile device.
The “Settings,” “Privacy” or other features on most browsers will enable you to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and to disable cookies altogether.
Gamma Law allows third parties that provide analytics (including Google Analytics) or support services to us, to collect certain technical information (such as clickstream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, MAC address, cookie and session ID, and IP address) when you visit the Website. These third parties typically use a cookie to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit the National Advertising Initiative or the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising.
The Website may have buttons, plugins and log-in interfaces from sites operated by third parties, as well as links and other connections to those sites. If you click on any of these, those third parties may receive information about you. As a result, you may wish to review the privacy policies of those third parties to understand how such information is collected and used.
If you wish to change any information you have submitted to Gamma Law at any time, or opt out of receiving further communications from us, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website is not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
Gamma Law does not provide personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As a result, the California “Shine the Light” Law (Civil Code Sec. 1798.83) does not apply to us.
Further, Gamma Law is exempt from the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) (Civil Code Sec. 1798.100) due to an exemption therein.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at the address below:
PO Box 136
San Francisco, CA 94104-0136